Our Mission… to create a legendary customer service experience that adheres to the highest ethical standards.
Meet the Team:
Philip A. King, Esq.
Philip King is the owner of the firm, Law Office of Philip A. King, LLC. For ten years, Mr. King advocated for justice in the public sector, most recently with the Ohio Supreme Court’s Office of Disciplinary Counsel. He has litigated more than 90 federal cases, 100 state cases, 30 disciplinary cases and four class actions. Philip has also won 7 federal trials and made 6 oral arguments before the Ohio Supreme Court.
Mr. King has over 20 years of trial experience. He is currently listed as an Adjunct Professor at Capital University Law School and trains attorneys on Legal Ethics at Continuing Legal Education Seminars across the state. His broad range of knowledge further allows him to preside as a Hearing Officer for four state agencies and pro-bono corporate counsel for the Christian Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
Though his work in the public sector was gratifying, Mr. King saw a clear need to make the law more understandable and accessible to individuals with real world problems. As a result, the Law Office of Philip A. King, LLC assists individuals with probate, estate planning and guardianship issues where Mr. King strives to give superior service while making the law as clear, simple and affordable as possible.
Attorney Philip King’s Legal Experience and Career Highlights:
• Has over 20 years of trial experience
• Litigated over 90 federal cases, over 100 state cases, over 30 attorney disciplinary cases, and 4 class actions
• Won 7 federal trials
• Litigated 4 class actions
• Made 7 oral arguments before the Supreme Court of Ohio
• Presides over administrative hearings as a Hearing Officer for 5 state agencies
• Adjunct Professor member at Capital University Law School
• Trial Advocacy instructor for the National Institute of Trial Advocacy 2010-2013
• Lectures at Continuing Legal Education seminars on Legal Ethics and Estate Planning across Ohio and nationally
• Pro bono legal services for the Christian Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses
• Ohio MBE-Certified
Kathy E. Borean
Ms. Kathy Borean is a paralegal in the estate planning department. Ms. Borean has 28 years of experience in the legal field and she brings a broad range of skills to the Office including office managerial experience, experience in billing and accounting, real estate, collections and bankruptcy. Ms. Borean is quite knowledgeable about most office matters and is always willing to help.
Abby N. Deslandes
Mrs. Abby Deslandes is the receptionist for the firm. Abby joined the Law Office of Philip A. King, LLC in November of 2019. Abby graduated from Raceland High School in Kentucky. In addition to greeting clients and managing incoming calls, she provides administrative and marketing support to the office. Abby’s management experience in a large retail company included staff training, scheduling, and customer service. She brings a positive and hardworking attitude to the office and callers rave about the way she greets them. Abby loves the great outdoors and enjoys hiking and kayaking with her husband Jamario and chocolate labrador Cooper.